Functional Medicine Fertility Management
for health, awareness, and emotional well being.
“Cultivating the soil for optimal conception”
Infertility is termed as an inability to conceive in spite of having unprotected sex for at least one year. Infertility affects 15% of couples in the United States. Infertility is an experience of a lonely road for individual couples in addition to their life trajectory and their perceived value in society. This can lead to feelings of failure, guilt, and shame. Women's sense of powerlessness is exasperated by the Western Medical approach through fragmented care, technical Intervention, invasive procedures, and lack of individual continuous support. Infertility in the Western Medical Health model is treated with IVF, a procedure that is expensive, often painful, physically, and emotionally ridden with only 18% results in births.
Functional medicine approach
Infertility involves various anatomical and hormonal abnormalities in male and female.
4 environmental causes that are contributing to infertility:
- The actual environment: air, water, all man-made toxins.
- The internal environment: parasites and bacteria in the gut.
- The intracellular environment: part of the food that being absorbed through digestion, circulation and cellular transport.
- Psycho-social environment: everyday stressors in our modern society.
Many other risks and contributing factor to infertility such as:
- Tobacco smoke
- Too little or too little exercise
- State of nutrition
- Environmental toxin / hormone disruptors
Our goal is not just to get you pregnant! The first thing we do is to improve your general health vitality by laying down a "foundation" so you will be more likely to conceive, carry, and deliver a healthy baby. For example, in about 40% of couples with difficulty conceiving, there is a problem with the male partner sperm count motility and/or morphology. It takes about 3 months for new sperm to generate and treatment with our protocols show measurable results.
In female infertility the initial treatment revolve around the menstrual cycle and gynecological health. Many women with Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOS), Metabolic syndrome, and Hormonal issues have abnormal cycles. Weekly acupuncture treatments are recommended along with our supplement & dietary protocol. If you have already decided to try IUI or IVF, you can still benefit from acupuncture. Studies have shown increase in the odds of pregnancy when IVF is coupled with acupuncture by 20-40%. Most fertility problems are unexplained by conventional laboratory testing, and there are many signs and symptoms that point to specific health issues that can be addressed with.
In our clinic- the healthier you and your partner become, the more likely you are to conceive a child. Once pregnancy is confirmed, you may choose to continue treatment with acupuncture for anxiety, morning sickness, insomnia, aches, and pains that accompany any pregnancy.
Reproductive Health, Fertility and Pregnancy
- Menstrual Irregularities / Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Endometriosis / No Menstruation / Menopause
- Infertility for both Women and Men
- Natural Fertility or Improve IVF / IUI
- Hormone Imbalances / PCOS
- Luteal Phase Defects
- High FSH
- Premature Ovarian Failure / Poor Egg Quality
- Pre-Natal and Post-Partum Support
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Improve Sperm Quality, Quantity and Motility